2) In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar and molasses. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth. Stir in the ginger
3) In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Whisk the molasses mixture into the flour mixture until evenly combined.
4) In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Whisk the hot water into the batter until just combined. Transfer the batter into the prepared tins.
5) Bake the cakes in the centre of the oven, until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 25 to 28 minutes. Cool the cakes on a rack.
6) Serve the cakes with whipped orange flower cream and brandy sauce.
Whipped orange flower cream:
1) In a cold bowl, beat the whipping cream with the orange flower water, and adding the sugar and cream of tartar gradually.
2) Beat until stiff and then serve with the cakes.
1) Melt the butter over a medium heat.
2) Add the brandy and blend in the icing sugar.