Recipe by Guy Fieri
For the base:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 200g finely crushed gingersnap biscuits
- 30g melted unsalted butter
- 30g finely crystallised ginger
For the filling:
- 230g peeled and ripe mango, divided
- 80ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp orange blossom honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 50g caster sugar
- 230g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp orange blossom honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 30g golden sultanas
- Pinch salt
- Fresh mint, optional
How to make Gingersnap mango-lassi cheesecake minis
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line a standard size 12muffin tin with foil liners; spray each with a little cooking spray.
2) In a medium bowl, mix the crushed biscuits and the melted butter until all the crumbs are moist. Evenly divide into the foil liners and press the crumbs down until firm – a shot glass works well for this.
3) Bake for 5 minutes or until just set. Remove and evenly divide the crystallised ginger between the liners on top of the baked crust. Set aside to cool. Leave the oven on.
4) In a blender, put 80g of the mango, the yoghurt, honey, cardamom and rum extract then process until smooth. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Stir in mango-yogurt smoothie mixture (lassi), then add the eggs and beat until smooth.
5) Pour the cheesecake batter into the foil liners, filling them 3/4 full. Refrigerate any leftover batter.
6) Bake the cheesecakes for 15 minutes, or until they jiggle slightly in the centre. Remove from the oven and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes.
7) Meanwhile,the remaining mango to the size of sultanas. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of butter. Stir in the cinnamon and curry powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the mango, honey, lime juice, sultanas and a pinch of salt.
8) Bring to the boil for 1 minute then reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool until cheesecakes are ready.
9) Once cheesecakes are cooled, remove the metal liners carefully. Serve 2 cheesecakes per plate. Garnish each cake with warm mango-raisin chutney and fresh mint on the side.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.
- German chocolate cake
- Strawberry margarita
- Peach bellini
- Chicken cordon bleu
- Cherry mini cheesecakes
- Cin-ful peach crumble
- Paniolo steak with wicked wahine ch...
- Flaming wild berry mini bundts with...
- Guy's spicy Spanish rice
- Huckleberry apple crumble
- Pork chops
- Gelato di crema (Vanilla cream base...