- 6 lbs boneless pork loin
- 1 dried chillies
- 1 pasilla chiles
- 0.25 teaspoon peppercorns
- 4 clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 0.50 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 inches cinnamon stick
- 0.50 inch gingerroot
- 1 green chilli peppers
- 2 coriander leaf
- 8 garlic clove
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 0.25 dark rum
- 1 to taste salt
- 0.50 teaspoon sugar
- 3 basmati rice
- 1 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 medium onion
- 3 plum tomato
How to make Goan Roast Pork With Basmati Pilaf
- PREPARE MARINADE AND COOK ROAST:.
- Grind the dried chili and pasilla peppers, peppercorns, cloves, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon stick in a spice or coffee grinder until fine.
- Place the ginger, green chili, cilantro, garlic, vinegar, rum, salt, and sugar in a blender, and purée.
- Add the ground spices, and pulse quickly.
- Rub the mixture all over the pork loin, and allow to marinate for at least 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the pork from refrigerator 2 hours before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF & place the spice-rubbed pork loin on a rack set in a roasting pan.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130ºF to 135ºF on an instant-read thermometer.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes (temperature will rise another 10 degrees).
- BASMATI RICE PILAF:.
- Drain the rice in a colander.
- Bring 5 cups water to a boil, add the bouillon cube, and allow it to dissolve.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- When it starts to shimmer, add the cinnamon and cloves, and heat them until they become fragrant.
- Add the bay leaves and onion, and sauté until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the drained rice, and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Add the boiling bouillon and the tomatoes, and season with salt.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally and gently, until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Cover, remove from heat, let stand for 15 to 20 minutes, then stir gently with a roasting fork.
- Slice the roast and serve with Pilaf with a chopped salad of cucumber, lettuce, onions, peppers & tomatoes.
(Courtesy of Food.com)