2) Roast the chopped onion and Tomatillos on a baking tray in the oven until soft.
3) Roast the chillies in a pan until toasted and aromatic, then place in a bowl, add the water, and re-hydrate until soft.
4) Place the meat in a roasting dish and pour over the Tomatillo, onion, chillies, garlic, herbs, avocado leaves, salt, wine and vinegar. Cover with foil and bake for about 4 hours until very tender and falling off of the bone.
5) Remove most of the fat from the pan and discard the bay and avocado leaves. (Reserve any remaining liquids for Goat Rack and Leg recipe.)
6) To serve, cut the shoulder into 85- to 115g portions. (Reserve the remaining meat and shred for the best tacos you will ever eat.)
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation