Made this? How was it?
For the dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest, finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, stalks removed and roughly
- Salt to taste
- 160ml freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 10ml red wine vinegar
For the goats cheese patties:
- 120g Chevin, divided into 4
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely
- 5ml olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 red onion, thinly
- 4 medium sized beetroots, roasted and peeled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 150g wild rocket or mixed salad leaves
How to make Goat's Cheese Beetroots
For the dressing, using a pestle and mortar, pound the salt and garlic together, then add the honey, mustard, orange zest and thyme leaves and pound well together. Transfer to a glass bowl and stir in the orange juice and red wine vinegar.
Pour in the olive oil andtogether and let it rest so that the flavours can develop. Place the goat's cheese into a bowl and then gently stir in the herbs, olive oil and salt, taking care not to over-mix the cheese.
Shape the cheese into 4 patties the same size as the beetroots. Press the side of the cheese rounds into the pine nuts and then top each one with aof red onion. Trim the top and bottom of the beetroots and in half through the middle.
Place the cheese patty onion-side down on the bottom half of the beetroot, place the beetroot onto the cheese round and secure with a rosemary sprig. Garnish with the salad leaves and serve with toasted ciabatta.
- Crostini with Ricotta and Goat's Ch...
- Herb-Coated Goat's Cheese
- Beetroot and Goat's Cheese Rocket S...
- Moroccan Potato Salad
- Roast Aubergine and Courgette Salad...
- Grilled Aubergine and Pepper Salad
- Crisp goat's cheese with pears and....
- Goat's cheese and sun-dried tomato....
- Goat's Cheese and Sun-dried Tomato....
- Date Syrup
- Beetroot salad with goat cheese
- Moroccan Chicken