Made this? How was it?
- 700g ground veal
- 450g ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, or minced
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 handfuls parmesan cheese
- 2 handfuls plain bread crumbs
- 3 tbsps or finely sage leaves
- 45ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 250g gorgonzola
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 onion, finely
- 250ml chicken stock
- 400g tinned crushed tomatoes
- 120ml cream
How to make Gorgonzola filled meatballs, bay and onion creamy tomato gravy
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2) Place meat in a mixing bowl and season with salt, pepper, add in garlic, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs and sage. Mix meat, roll into 8 large balls and arrange in a baking dish. Coat balls with 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil. Using the end of a wooden spoon, make an indentation half way into each ball and fill the cavity with some gorgonzola.
3) Bake until golden and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Heat 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and in a sauce pot over medium heat, add bay and onions and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken stock and tomatoes and heat through, stir in cream, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer to thicken slightly 8 to 10 minutes.
5) Ladle sauce into shallow bowls and top with big stuffed meatballs and potatoes alongside, if desired.
- Veal and sage meatballs and pasta w...
- Mini meatball minestra and grilled....
- Spaghetti, meatballs and tomato bas...
- Mashed sweet potatoes, pork chop wi...
- Gorgonzola spinach artichoke dip
- Spinach fettuccini with gorgonzola....
- Parmigiano and herb chicken breast....
- Maui onion and sesame seed crusted....
- Caramelised onion penne
- Sloppy lasagne
- Streaky bacon wrapped chicken with....
- Kebbe be sayneyeh