- 30 ounces peas
- 1 American cheese
- 1 sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 onions
- 2 ounces pimientos
- 4 hard-boiled egg
- 1 Miracle
- 1 to taste salt
- 1 to taste paprika
How to make Grandma Weseman's English Pea Salad
- It is important that you let the salad stand in the refrigerator for at least an hour or so, otherwise, it will not taste right as the onions are the only thing that flavors the dressing.
- Grandma always made it with Miracle Whip, but if you are one of those folks who despises the taste, you can substitute mayonnaise with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar added. You can also, add in 2 Tbsps Hormel real bacon bits for extra flavor.
- Mix all. Let stand for a minimum of two hours in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle top with paprika for garnished look.
- Cook time is chill time in refrigerator.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- English pea salad
- Parma Ham, English Mulled Poached P...
- Green peas with cheese and herbs
- Mum's potato salad with pimento and...
- Spinach salad with grilled Mediterr...
- French potato salad
- Coconut coriander rice with peas an...
- Rocket salad with seared prawns and...
- Muffaletta salad
- Salt seared tuna with fennel, courg...
- Strawberry panzanella
- Rocket, watermelon and feta salad