1) Butter a 23 by 23-cm glass baking dish and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Spread the oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, and wheat germ onto a half-sheet tin. Place in the oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) In the meantime, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, extract and salt in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
4) Once the oat mixture is done, remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 150C/Gas 2. Immediately add the oat mixture to the liquid mixture, add the dried fruit, and stir to combine.
5) Turn mixture out into the prepared baking tin and press down, evenly distributing the mixture in the dish and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.