2) In a large frying pan melt the butter and fry the fennel quarters for 5 minutes on a medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
3) In the meantime, mix the pecorino cheese with the nutmeg.
4) Place fennel in a heatproof serving dish and sprinkle with the nutmeg and pecorino cheese.
5) Place under a hot grill until crispy and golden brown.
1) Using a sharp knife cut a thin slice from the bottom of each tomato and discard.
2) Using a teaspoon, carefully scoop out the seeds and most of the pulp keeping the tomato shells whole.
3) Stuff with the mozzarella cheese, walnuts and finely chopped basil. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray and cook in the middle of a preheated oven at 190C/Gas 5 for approximately 20 minutes until the cheese mixture looks melted and golden. (Make sure that the tomatoes are not too soft).
Serve immediately with a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top.