- 4 all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 1 to taste water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 0.25 brandy
- 1 to taste corn oil
- 1 clear honey
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 walnuts
How to make Greek Honey Fritters Tiyanites
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add just enough water to form a smooth thick batter. Then blend in lemon juice and brandy. Allow batter to stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat deep fryer to 325°F or heat oil in a deep saucepan until it begins to smoke.
- Drop batter, 1 teaspoons at a time, into oil, cooking 3 fritters at once. When fritters swell and turn golden brown remove and drain on paper towels in a warm oven.
- Pour honey into an enameled saucepan, add cinnamon, lemon juice and enough warm water, about 2 tablespoons to form a syrup. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Arrange fritters on a warm platter, pour a little honey syrup on each one and sprinkle with walnuts. Serve at once. Serves 6 or more.
- From the Kitchens of the World . A Canadian Feast.
(Courtesy of Food.com)