2) Add the mangetout to the same boiling water and cook for 1 min, until al dente, adding them to the ice water and the beans.
3) Cut the asparagus into 5cm lengths diagonally and cook in the boiling water for 2 mins, then add to the ice water.
4) Cut the broccoli in half, boil for 1 min, and add to the ice water.
5) When all the vegetables in the water are cold, drain well.
6) When ready to serve, heat the butter and oil in a very large frying pan.
7) Saute the shallots over medium heat for 5 mins, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned.
8) Add the drained vegetables to the shallots with 1/2 tsp salt and the pepper and toss.
9)Cook just until the vegetables are heated through. Serve hot.