Made this? How was it?
- 500g bitter greens or spinach
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 350g to 500g cooked andouille sausage,
- 1 medium onion,
- 125ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsps cider or wine vinegar
- Sprinkle of sugar
- Black pepper
- nutmeg to taste
How to make Greens and andouille
1) Heat a saucepan with a few inches water over medium heat. Bring to the boil, season with salt, to taste, and add the bitter greens.
2) Cook for a few minutes, then drain and reserve.
3) Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large frying pan over medium to medium-high heat, and add the andouille.
4) Brown the thesausage, then add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
5) Stir in the stock and add the bitter greens.
6) Heat through for a few minutes, then douse with vinegar, and season with sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste.
7) Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
- Cauliflower soup and garlic and che...
- Stuffed pork chops with sausage and...
- Sausage, peppers and onions stoup
- 30 minute southern classic: Country...
- Mini meatball minestra and grilled....
- Spring chicken roll-ups with lemon....
- Black mussels steamed in saffron br...
- Herb-apricot chicken
- Turkey ragu with polenta
- Elsa's jumbo prawns with sage and p...
- Wild salmon ceasar
- Mashed sweet potatoes, pork chop wi...