Made this? How was it?
- For Olive Butter:
- 60g softened unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp black olive spread, such as tapenade
- 1 tbsp finely fresh basil leaves (about 6)
- L loaf crusty country-style or sour dough bread
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large clove garlic
How to make Griddled peasant bread with olive butter
For olive butter: In a bowl combine first three ingredients.
2) Cut bread into 1.5cm to 2cm thickand brush both sides of bread with oil, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a heated griddle.
3) Griddle each side of the bread for one to two minutes, or until lightly toasted and griddle marked.
4) Rub bread with the garlic clove, then, while bread is still hot, spread with some of the olive butter.
5) Transfer to a warm serving dish.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
- Picnic deviled eggs
- Potato cheese croquettes
- Grilled plum salad with aged gouda....
- Grilled vegetable Dagwood sandwich
- Choco-chunky banana bread
- Green goddess dip with prawns
- Crudite platter
- Crudite platter with chipotle ranch...
- Pineapple upside-down cake
- Picadillo Sliders
- Thai-style pineapple snack
- Crispy potato skins with roasted to...