2) In a medium mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, artichokes, and just enough of the artichoke marinade to coat the mixture. Toss gently and scatter over the pizza. Top with basil and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Cook's Note: If grilling outdoors, roll pizza into a circle or oval about 1/2 cm thick.
For the pizza dough:
1) In a small bowl whisk together, yeast, water, sugar and olive oil. Allow to sit in a warm place for about 5 minutes to activate yeast.
2) In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour and salt together until well combined.
3) Using a rubber spatula, mix the yeast mixture into the flour mixture until just combined and dough barely holds together. Do not over mix.
4) Turn the dough onto a floured surface dusted with flour and knead until the dough becomes smooth and elastic about 10 minutes. The surface should be tight, silky and bounce back slightly when pressed.
5) Lightly grease a large mixing bowl with olive oil and place the dough in it. Cover the bowl tightly with clingfilm and set in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
6) Once doubled, punch the dough down and divide into 2 equal pieces. Knead each slightly to form a uniform ball. Set aside and cover with clingfilm or a kitchen towel to rest for 30 minutes.
Cook's note: Dough can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Keep covered tightly in clingfilm.