Made this? How was it?
For the cake:
- 680g caster sugar
- 120g unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon essence
- 680g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 240ml sour cream
For the sundaes:
- Ice cream
- Toppings such as chocolate candies, crumbled chocolate biscuits, toasted nuts
- Chocolate syrup
- Raspberry topping, recipe follows
For the raspberry topping:
- 675g raspberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
How to make Griddled cake sundaes with raspberry topping
1) Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 3. Grease and flour a 21.5cm by 9cm Bundt pan.
2) Cream the sugar together with just 80g of the butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon essences and mix well.
3) In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Add 1/3 of the dry mixture to the creamed mixture and beat on low until mixed.
4) Mix in half the sour cream, then alternate between the flour mixture and sour cream, until everything is combined.
5) Pour the cake mixture into the Bundt pan. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until a cake tester inserted in the cake comes out with a few crumbs clinging.
6) Cool for 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
7) Preheat an outdoor barbecue or griddle pan. Melt the remaining butter andthe cake. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of cake with butter. Grill on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from barbecue and cool slightly. Cut the into bite-size pieces.
To create sundaes:
1) Fill a bowl with ice cream, add pieces of pound cake and sprinkle on the toppings.
2) Drizzle with chocolate syrup and garnish with raspberry topping.
1) Combine all the ingredients in a pan and simmer until thickened.
2) Allow to cool before using.
- Chocolate fudge cake with rich cher...
- Roasted venison loin with braised r...
- French toast with caramelised apple...
- Griddled red snapper
- Hopped-up on caffeine rich chocolat...
- Pumpkin biscuits with cream cheese....
- Triple hazelnut cake with chocolate...
- Grilled tuna on barley risotto
- Sausage burger with spicy onion rin...
- Caramel shortbread and chocolate ex...
- Jezebel's glazed pork chops on pime...
- Gingersnap mango-lassi cheesecake m...