Grilled Artichokes with Parsley and Garlic
Toss fresh artichokes in lots of lemon and parsley and just a little garlic.
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
2) Trim the stem from each artichoke to 2.5-cm long, then bend back and snap off dark outer leaves. Cut top inch of artichokes with serrated knife. Using a vegetable peeler, peel dark green areas from stem and base of artichoke. Quarter each artichoke.
3) Using a small, sharp knife, cut out the choke and remove the purple, prickly tipped leaves from the centre of each wedge.
4) Place finished artichokes in a large bowl of cold water and squeeze 2 lemons into the water and stir. Continue with remaining artichokes.
5) Once finished, drain the artichokes and place into boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 12 minutes.
6) Drain the cooked artichokes and place onto preheated grill. Cook until tender and lightly charred in spots, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
7) In a medium bowl, add remaining lemon juice, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper, to taste. Gradually drizzle in olive oil. Toss or drizzle the artichokes with the garlic/parsley mixture and serve.