2) For the caramelised onions, combine the onion, pepper sauce, stock, vinegar, oil, garlic and brown sugar in a 25cm nonstick skillet with a lid. When the coals are ready, place the covered pan on the grill rack. Cook the onion mixture for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are caramelised and most of liquid is evaporated. Remove the pan from grill and set aside.
3) For the blue cheese spread, combine the spreadable cheese and blue cheese in a saucepan; cover and set aside.
4) For the burgers, place the minced beef in a large bowl. Add the onion, wine, herbs, pepper sauce, and seasoned salt; mix gently. Shape the beef mixture into 6 round patties.
5) Brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place the burgers on the rack, cover, and cook about 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until cooked to desired doneness. When the burgers are cooked remove from the grill, stacking to keep warm.
6) Place the saucepan with the cheese spread on the outer edge of the grill rack to warm the cheese mixture just until it reaches a very soft, spreading consistency. Remove the saucepan from the grill and set aside.
7) During final minutes of grilling the burgers, arrange the avocado slices on a rimmed nonstick perforated grilling pan coated lightly with oil, and grill alongside the burgers for 1 to 2 minutes, turning as necessary. During the final 30 seconds, add the bacon slices to the pan. When the avocados are nicely grilled and the bacon is crisp, remove from the grill. Place the rolls, cut side down, on the outer edges of the grill to toast lightly.
8) To assemble the burgers, spread a generous amount of cheese spread over the cut sides of the rolls. On the bottom of each roll layer lettuce, a tomato slice, burger, caramelized onions, grilled avocado and bacon. Add roll top and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.