2) For the caramelised onions, combine onion, pepper sauce, stock, vinegar, oil, garlic and brown sugar in a 25cm non-stick skillet with a lid. When coals are ready, place covered pan on barbecue rack. Cook onion mixture for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are caramelised and most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove pan from griddle and set aside.
3) For the spread, combine spreadable cheese and blue cheese in a saucepan; cover and set aside.
4) For the patties, place minced beef in a large bowl. Add onion, Zinfandel, herbs, pepper sauce and seasoned salt; mix gently. Shape beef mixture into six round patties.
5) Brush barbecue rack with vegetable oil. Place patties on the rack, cover and cook about 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until cooked to desired doneness.
6) Meanwhile, place saucepan with cheese spread on outer edge of rack to warm cheese mixture, just until it reaches a very soft, spreading consistency. Remove saucepan from barbecue and set aside.
7) During final minutes of cooking patties, arrange avocado slices on a rimmed non-stick perforated griddling pan coated lightly with oil, and griddle alongside patties for 1-2 minutes, turning as necessary. During final 30 seconds, add bacon slices to pan. When avocados are nicely griddled and bacon is crisp, remove from barbecue. When patties are cooked, remove from rack, stacking to keep warm. Place rolls, cut side down, on outer edges of barbecue to toast lightly.
To assemble burgers, spread a generous amount of cheese spread over cut sides of rolls. On the bottom of each roll layer lettuce, a tomato slice, beef patty, caramelised onions, griddled avocado and bacon. Add top and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.