Grilled chicken breast with foraged vegetables, nettle pesto, and grilled lightning tree farm flatbread
For the pesto: 1) Toss the nettle into a pot of boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Remove and place in a bowl of ice water for 30 seconds. Remove and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
2) Saute the onions in butter until translucent, then add nettle, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
3) Puree the mixture in a food processor (or pass through meat grinder) until smooth then add parsley, ricotta, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For the chicken and vegetables: 1) Rub the chicken breasts and vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the sumac on the chicken and drizzle with lemon juice. Place the chicken in the refrigerator for a few hours.
2) Preheat the griddle. Place chicken and vegetables on the griddle and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Remove from the griddle and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with the pesto, sauteed morels, and flatbread.
For the sauteed morels: 1) Clean the morels and place them in a saute pan with the butter. Add salt, pepper, and parsley. Cook the morels over low heat, until soft and cooked through. Pour over the chicken.
For the flatbread: 1) Start the yeast in warm water and add honey. Add the flour, salt and oil and knead the dough until it forms a ball. Cover the dough and let it rest at room temperature for an hour.
2) Cut the dough into 75g pieces and form into balls. Cover and let rest or wrap them in cling film and refrigerate.
3) When ready to cook, flour a flat surface and roll out the dough to 0.6-0.8cm thick. Place the rolled out dough on a hot griddle until both sides are golden brown. Brush with olive oil, cut into wedges and serve.