1. For the chicken: Add the olive oil, oregano, chicken and garlic to a large resealable plastic bag. Finely grate the zest of 1 lemon and add it to the bag; add the juice of both lemons to the bag. Seal the bag tightly and use your hands to vigorously massage the marinade into the chicken, making sure that the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate at room temperature while you make the couscous.
2. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat.
3. For the couscous: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and toast the almonds, tossing occasionally, until lightly toasted. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the couscous and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 3 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add 2 1/4 cups water, the raisins and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook until all the water has been absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer the couscous to a large bowl and stir with a fork to break up any clumps and release excess steam. Set aside.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a platter. Lightly oil the grill grates. Sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper and arrange the pieces skin-side down on the grill, leaving some space between the pieces. Cook until the skin is lightly charred and releases itself from the grill, about 3 minutes. Rotate the chicken about 90 degrees so that the skin won't burn and cook another 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Cover the grill and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the deepest part of each chicken thigh reads 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
6. While the chicken rests, add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, the almonds, feta, olives, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt and some ground black pepper to the couscous. Finely grate the zest of 1 lemon and add it to the couscous; squeeze the juice from both lemons into the couscous and toss to combine.
7. Divide the couscous and chicken thighs among 6 plates and serve immediately.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen