For the brine:
1) Combine all the brine ingredients in a large resealable bag and swirl to dissolve the granulated sugar. Add chicken pieces and allow to brine for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
For the teriyaki glaze:
1) In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine teriyaki sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, and 1 tsp of sesame oil, and simmer until rich and slightly reduced.
For the chicken:
1) Preheat griddle, medium low heat.
2) Remove chicken from brine and pat dry. Add to a large mixing bowl, drizzle with toasted sesame oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat.
3) Cook on the griddle for 17 to 20 minutes per side until cooked through. Baste with teriyaki glaze for the last 5 to 7 minutes of cooking. Serve garnish with spring onion threads (finely sliced spring onions soaked in ice cold water), and toasted sesame seeds.