1) Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pour over the chicken breasts in a non-reactive bowl. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
2) Preheat a griddle, medium-high.
3) Griddle the chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side, until just cooked through. Cool slightly and cut diagonally in 1cm thick slices.
4) Skewer with wooden sticks and serve with satay dip.
For the satay dip: 1) Cook the olive oil, sesame oil, red onion, garlic, ginger root, and red pepper flakes in a small, heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat until the onion is transparent, 10 to 15 minutes.
2) Whisk in the vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ketchup, sherry, and lime juice; cook for 1 more minute.