2) Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal griddle with a cover, or preheat a gas griddle to medium high. Combine the fish sauce, sugar and chilli sauce in a medium bowl. Add the pork, peanut butter, ginger, garlic and star anise and blend loosely with a fork.
3) Form into 6 equal burgers the approximate dimensions of the rolls, making a slight depression in the middle of the burgers to compensate for the tendency to bulge during cooking.
4) Brush the rack with oil. Griddle the burgers with the griddle top closed for 4 minutes. Flip and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre registers 70C, about 4 minutes longer.
5) During the last 2 minutes of cooking, place the rolls, cut side down, on the griddle to toast.
4) To assemble the burgers, spread the roll bottoms with a thin layer of dressing, followed by a lettuce leaf. Add the burgers and top with generous dollops of the dressing. Add the roll tops.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.