Made this? How was it?
- Cooking spray
- 4 portobello mushroom caps, about 4 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 4 pieces back bacon
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons store-bought basil pesto
- 8 fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 4 teaspoons freshly Parmesan
How to make Grilled Portobello Benedict
Preheat grill or grill pan and spray with cooking spray.
With a spoon, gently scrape out the dark inside of the mushrooms caps, being careful not to break the cap. Brush both sides of the mushroom caps with oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill the mushrooms over a medium-high heat for about 7 minutes per side, until they are tender and their juices begin to release. Transfer to a plate, top side down.
On the same grill or grill pan, cook the Canadian bacon over medium-high heat for 30 seconds on each side, until they are warm and grill marks have formed. Place 1 piece of the bacon into each of the mushroom caps.
Separate the whites of 4 of the eggs into a medium sized bowl, and discard the yolks. Add the remaining 4 whole eggs to the bowl with the whites, add the water and until combined. Cook the eggs in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over a medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the eggs are done, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon 1/4 of the scrambled eggs on top of the Canadian bacon in each the mushroom caps. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of pesto over each and top with some basil ribbons and 1 teaspoon of Parmesan.
Per Serving: Calories 240; Total Fat 14 g; (Sat Fat 3.5 g, Mono Fat 5 g, Poly Fat 1 g) ; Protein 20 g; Carb 7 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 230 mg; Sodium 720 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Copper, Iodine, Potassium, Selenium
Good source of: Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folate, Iron, Manganese, Phosphorus, Zinc
- Grilled flank steak, portobello and...
- Hummus and grilled vegetable wrap
- Buffalo chicken salad
- Teriyaki chicken thighs
- Chipotle orange glazed pork chops
- Meatball heros with tri-coloured pe...
- Miso glazed cod
- Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream
- Grilled fruit with spiced chai syru...
- Grilled vegetable salad with feta a...
- Grilled courgette rolls with herbs....
- Macaroni and 4 Cheeses