1) Preheat griddle, medium-high heat.
2) Peel each potato and cut ends off, (so they are flat on both sides), then cut in half across the center. Scoop out 1.5cm of the potato's center to form a crater. Wrap a piece of bacon around each chunk of potato and secure with toothpicks to keep the bacon in place.
3) Put the potatoes on the griddle, cut side down, until the bacon is cooked. Flip once to get color on each side. Cover with foil to create a tent and turn heat down to medium to steam the potatoes.
4) Put the asparagus on the griddle and coat with bbq sauce. Remove the foil from the potatoes, add the cheese to the crevice and cook until melted.
5) Arrange a potato in the center of each plate and remove the toothpicks. Stick 3 to 4 pieces of asparagus in the cheese crevice so the asparagus is standing upright. garnish with sour cream and serve.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. the food network kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.