Made this? How was it?
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1/4 small red onion, coarsely
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 3 anchovies
- 1 chipotle in adobo
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 to 2 tbsps honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 vegetable oil, plus more for brushing on the cos
- 60 g Parmesan, plus shaved Parmesan, for garnish
- 1 large head cos lettuce, outer leaves removed, cut in half from tip to root
How to make Grilled romaine with spicy Caesar dressing
1) Place mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, vinegar, onion, garlic, anchovies, chipotle, hot sauce, honey and salt and pepper in a blender anduntil smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and until emulsified. Add the Parmesan and a few seconds longer.
2) Heat grill to high.
3) Brush romaine with oil and season with salt and pepper; place on the grill cut-side down and grill for 30 to 40 seconds or until slightly charred. Arrange lettuce on large platter, drizzle with the dressing and garnish with shaved Parmesan.
- Grilled romaine
- Bistro Salad with Spinach Caesar Dr...
- Iceberg Lettuce with Carrot Ginger....
- Red Lettuce with Balsamic Onions
- Honky tonk sweet and spicy salad dr...
- Lettuce avocado salad and lime dres...
- Extra spicy refried beans and lettu...
- Beetroot salad with goat cheese
- Red bean beach salad
- Grilled Hearts of Romaine
- Potato salad
- Boston lettuce with vinaigrette