1) Zest the oranges with a zester or the fine side of a box grater. Finely chop the zest with a knife, then squeeze the juice out of the oranges into a small stainless steel bowl.
2) Add the zest, shallots, brown sugar and rice vinegar to the orange juice and whisk together. Slowly, in a steady stream, add the rapeseed oil and extra-virgin olive oil while constantly whisking, until combined. Add the salt, pepper and orange oil; the orange oil is strong, so just a very small amount is needed. Set the dressing aside while preparing the rest of the salad.
1) Preheat griddle. Place a medium pot of water on to boil. While the griddle heats and the water comes to a boil, prepare the orange vinaigrette and set aside until needed.
2) Trim the bottoms off the asparagus and cook for 30 seconds in the boiling water. Remove from the pot to a plate.
3) Place the salmon fillets on a large plate and coat with half the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Put the salmon fillets on the hottest part of the griddle, starting with the skinless side down. Griddle for about 5-10 minutes on each side.
4) While the salmon is cooking, combine the salad greens, olives, oranges, onions and half of the vinaigrette in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Divide the salad mixture evenly among four plates.
5) When the salmon is nearly done, coat the asparagus with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Put the asparagus on the griddle. Griddle lightly, moving the spears around the heat frequently with tongs, for about 3 minutes.
6) Remove the salmon and asparagus from the griddle and distribute them evenly among the four plates, on top of the greens mixture. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salmon and serve.