For the sauce:
1) In a heavy frying pan, combine the pitted cherries, caster sugar, red wine, and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
2) Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until completely smooth.
3) Return the mixture to the pan over medium-high heat. Add the cherry liqueur and simmer until reduced to about 60ml, 1 to 2 minutes.
For the peaches:
1) Preheat the griddle, medium-high.
2) Cut the peaches in half and remove and discard the pits. Place the halves in a medium bowl.
3) In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter and brown sugar together. Coat the peaches with the butter mixture.
4) Griddle the peaches over direct medium heat until griddle marks are clearly visible and the peaches are soft, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time.
5) While the peaches are still warm, layer each serving glass with 2 peach halves, 1 scoop of ice cream, and 1 tbsp of cherry sauce. Tuck a couple of benne wafers into each glass and serve immediately.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The food network kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.