For the red chilli oil:
1) Heat a large saute pan over high heat until almost smoking.
2) Add the chillies and toast for 30 seconds on each side. Remove, let cool slightly and coarsely chop. Combine chillies, oil and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain into a bowl.
For the ribs and pineapple:
1) Preheat griddle to high. Brush pineapple with oil and griddle until golden brown on all sides.
2) Put pineapple juice in a medium saucepan over high heat. Make a few slits in the habanero chilli with a paring knife and add to the juice along with the cinnamon sticks, star anise, thai basil and brown sugar. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced to about 250ml. Strain and keep warm.
3) Brush short ribs with oil and season with salt and pepper. Griddle on both sides until slightly charred and tender.
4) Plate with pineapple (using 2 quarters of the griddled pineapple) and drizzle with pineapple sauce and red chilli oil.