2) Transfer the dough to another large oiled mixing bowl. Cover and leave to rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
For the honey sauce:
1) In medium pan, bring the water to a boil over medium heat and add the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and lemon juice. Simmer the mixture for 45 minutes.
2) Add the honey and cook for 5 more minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
For the topping:
1) Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and reserve.
To make the loukamades:
1) Heat a few inches of oil in a deep-fryer over a high heat. Use a tablespoon to form 1.25cm diameter balls of dough.
2) Add the dough balls to the deep-fryer and fry until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
3) Transfer the fried dough balls to a serving platter. Drizzle with honey sauce and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.