1. Season the fish with salt and pepper and lightly dust with flour.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the hake for a few a minutes on each side till done.
3. Squeeze the water from the capers and toss them in hot pan with a little olive oil to crisp.
4. Stir the capers into the remaining ingredients and set aside.
5. Heat the olive oil in saucepan and add the bay leaf, garlic, chilli, oregano and paprika.
6. Stir for a minute or so then stir in the beans and heat through.
7. Stir in the parsley when the beans are warm, and give them a rough mash.
8. Pile into a serving bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve with the hake.
Tip: I sometimes add half a cup of chopped chorizo to the saucepan and fry it up with the garlic; it is quite delicious with the beans.