Sweet chilli Glaze:
Hot Watercourse Salad:
Vegetable oil, for brushing on the grill rack
6 seeded hamburger buns or sandwich rolls, split
3) To make the patties, place the sausage in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and add the chuck, papaya, onion, and spiced sea salt. Combine well, handling the meat as little as possible to avoid compacting it. Form into 6 patties and refrigerate until ready to griddle.
4) To make the glaze, combine the sweet chili sauce and shoyu in a small bow. Set aside.
5) To make the salad, pour the oil into a fireproof skillet and heat on the griddle until it reaches its smoking point. While the oil is heating, half the avocado slices and place in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice and toss gently. Layer the papaya, watercress, onions, garlic and pepper flakes over avocado and carefully drizzle the hot oil over the top. Add the Shoyu and toss to continue.
6) Brush the griddle rack with oil. Place the patties on the rack, and cover, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, basting often with the glaze until the desired doneness is reached. During the last few minutes of cooking, place the buns cut sides down on the outer edges of the rack to toast lightly.
7) To assemble the burgers, spread the goat cheese spread over the cut sides of the bun tops. Place a patty on each bun bottom and top with equal portions of the salad. Add the bun tops and devour.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.