3) Using your hands roll pieces of the dough into a rope about 1cm in diameter. With a knife cut the rope into 1cm to 1.5cm long pieces. Flour the pieces as you cut them placing them on a floured baking tray or lined with baking paper. Once rolled you can place the gnocchi in the refrigerator covered with cling film until ready to cook.
4) When ready to cook place gnocchi in boiling salted water for about 1 to 2 minutes. They will rise to the top when done. Using a slotted spoon remove gnocchi from pot.
For the mushroom sauce:
1) In a frying pan add the butter and mushrooms and saute until nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and gently simmer for another 2 to 5 minutes.
2) Once the sauce has simmered, add the gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Garnish with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan; serve immediately.