Made this? How was it?
For the cheese spread:
- 250g low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 300g mild goat cheese, such as Montrachet, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 5 to 6 tbsp low-fat milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the sandwiches:
- 1 loaf dense 7-grain bread, thinly
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled
How to make Herbed goat cheese sandwiches
1) To make the spread, place the cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic, thyme, parsley, 5 tbsp milk, salt and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until well mixed. Add an additional tbsp of milk if the spread is very thick.
2) To make the sandwiches, spread eachof bread with the goat cheese spread. the cucumber into thin rounds and arrange on top of the bread . Cut the sandwiches into halves, thirds or triangles.