- 3 heads garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 to taste salt
- 1 to taste pepper
- 5 lbs yukon gold potato
- 9 ounces manchego cheese
- 1 smoked gouda cheese
How to make Herbed Potato Gratin With Roasted Garlic and Manchego
- Preheat the oven to 357 degrees. In a cake pan, drizzle garlic with oil. Cover with foil and roast for 40 minutes, until tender. Let cool, then squeeze out cloves. Mash the garlic to a paste and transfer to saucepan.
- Add half-and-half, thyme, and rosemary. Bring to a boil and simmer over very low heat until reduced to 3 cups, approximately 20 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 1/4 of the potatoes in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Top with 1/4 of the grated cheeses and drizzle lightly with the garlic cream.
- Repeat layering in the same way with the rest of the ingredients. Pour any remaining cream on top and press top layer of potatoes to submerge.
- Bake gratin for about 1-1/2 hours, until golden and bubbling. Let cool twenty minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Provencal Potato Gratin
- The ultimate potato gratin
- Loin of pork with fennel and garlic...
- Roasted red peppers with chorizo, m...
- Roasted miso salmon with rosemary r...
- Root gratin
- Seafood gratin
- Cod with a crispy crab crust with p...
- Roasted corn quesadillas
- Italian roast beef
- Herb-marinated pork fillet
- Herb roasted chicken