2) Preheat a waffle iron. Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles accordingly – you will need at least 4 large size waffles to assemble the sandwiches. Once the waffles are golden, remove from the iron. Allow to cool and split them horizontally. Keep the waffles warm in a low oven, if necessary.
3) For the chicken, heat about 7.5cm of peanut oil to 190C in a large enamel or cast iron Dutch oven.
4) Place the flour in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix the panko and Cajun seasoning. In a third bowl, mix the hot sauce, egg and water. Remove the tough tendon from each fillet. Roll each fillet in flour, then in egg mixture, then in panko mix. Fry immediately until the fillets are cooked through and golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside or keep warm in a low oven.
5) In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, maple syrup, mustard powder and horseradish.
6) To assemble the sandwiches, lay 1/2 the waffle bottom on an ovenproof plate; top with the 3 chicken fillets, 3 slices of bacon and 2 slices of Cheddar. Grill the sandwich for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Spread about 3 tbsp of the maple mayonnaise on the top waffle, and place on the sandwich.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.