- 9 inches shortcrust
- 4 rhubarb
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1.50 sugar
- 0.50 dry tapioca
- 1 all-purpose flour
- 0.50 light brown sugar
- 0.13 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted
- 0.33 almonds
How to make Humble Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Pie
- Preheat oven to 425F and place a rack in the lower third of the oven and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Prepare filling: Mix all fill ingredients in a large bowl and let rest for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare topping: Mix flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Using your fingers, rub in butter until mixture forms clumps. Stir in almonds.
- Spoon filling into pie shell and sprinkle evenly with topping.
- Place pie on lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350F and bake 1 hour longer, until fruit is bubbly and topping is brown and crisp.
- Let cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Optional: you can top each slice with vanilla ice cream before serving.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Peach and raspberry crumble
- Rhubarb and Custard Tart
- Deconstructed Rhubarb Crumble with....
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berry Rhubarb...
- Roasted Rhubarb and Almond Tartlets...
- Strawberry shortcake
- Cin-ful peach crumble
- Rhubarb and Custard Pie
- Strawberry ice cream
- Strawberry bruschetta
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Gelato alla fragola (Strawberry gel...