1) In a food processor put the chickpeas, water, tahini, garlic, 5 tbsp of the lemon juice and the salt. Blend to a rough puree.
2) With the motor running, pour in the olive oil slowly until fully incorporated. Season with pepper to taste. Store in the refrigerator for 6 hours, for the flavors to come together.
3) When ready to serve, remove the hummus from the refrigerator and stir in the remaining 2 tsps lemon juice and chopped parsley.
4) Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts if desired, flat breads and olives.
5) Store any leftover hummus in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.