1. Stir together the flour, almonds, baking powder and cardamom.
2. In a bowl, whip together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg and whisk again until super light and pale.
3. Add in the almond extract.
4. Add in half of the flour mixture, whisk and pour in the Sprite. Whisk until smooth. Add in the rest of the flour and whisk again, gently.
5. Pour into a greased bundt tin and bake for 10 minutes, 180°C.
6. To make the rose drizzle, combine the rose syrup and icing sugar until smooth. Drizzle over the cake.
7. Scatter with candied pistachios and rose petals.
For the candied pistachios:
Coat the pistachios with icing sugar (lightly), scatter on to a baking tray and toast for 6-8 mins in a high oven, shaking halfway through. Very lightly crush them before using – just so some are broken and you can see the green inside.