Made this? How was it?
For the beef:
- 1.25kg beef roasting joint
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the batter:
- 240ml plus 2 tbsp milk
- 150g plain flour
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- Pan drippings from the roast beef
How to make Individual Yorkshire puddings with rare roast beef
For the beef:
1) Preheat the oven to 240C/Gas 9. Place the beef roast on a clean work surface and rub with the olive oil and rosemary.
2) Place the beef into the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes and then turn the heat down to 180C/Gas 4. Cook for about 15 minutes per pound for rare meat, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
3) Begin cooking the Yorkshire puddings about 20 minutes before the beef is done. Remove the beef from the oven and allow to rest, covered, for about 15 minutes before slicing.
1) In a blender the batter ingredients until smooth and then transfer to a bowl. Let the batter stand, covered, for 1 hour.
2) Spoon 1 tsp roast drippings into eachof three mini muffin pans. Put two mini-muffin pans on a baking sheet and put the remaining pan on another baking sheet.
3) Put the first baking sheet with the two mini muffin pans in the middle of the oven for 3 minutes to heat the drippings in the. Working quickly, pour 2 tsp of batter into the hot drippings in each and bake in the middle of the oven for 18 minutes, or until the pudding shells are golden and puffed.
4) Remove the shells from thewith tongs and cool on racks. Repeat the procedure with the other baking sheet. Serve with the beef.
Cook's Note: The shells may be made 3 days ahead and chilled, covered, or 1 month ahead and frozen in airtight containers. Bring the shells to room temperature and re-crisp in a 150C/Gas 2 oven for 10 minutes.
- Individual cottage pies
- Riesling roast turkey with fig and....
- Italian roast beef
- Roast rack of lamb with rosemary an...
- Mini Yorkshire Puddings with Parma....
- Roast rib of beef
- Rib of beef
- Brussels sprouts with maple candied...
- Rare Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddi...
- Herb roasted chicken
- Fillet of beef
- Beef fillets with 2 sauces: horsera...