Recipe by Bobby Flay
- 250ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 small container cherry tomatoes
- 1 (250g) container fresh mozzarella (recommended: Ciliegine)
- 1 bunch large fresh basil leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tsps Eros Pista or fresh Hungarian paprika (recommended: Univer), optional
- Special Equipment: 4 (45-cm) metal skewers
How to make Insalata caprese kabobs with balsamic vinegar reduction and eros pista paste
1) Preheat a barbecue to medium heat.
2) To make the sauce, pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and reduce very slowly on low heat. Stir occasionally until it reduced to the consistency of syrup, approximately 10 minutes.
3) Onto a skewer, layer 1 cherry tomato, 1 piece of fresh mozzarella and 1 large folded basil leaf. Repeat this pattern until 2 inches are left on the end of the skewer. Push the ingredients down towards the bottom tip for easy handling of the tops. Repeat with the remaining skewers and ingredients.
4) When the skewers are ready to grill, put them onto a large piece of foil, brush them with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the sheet of foil with the skewers onto the grill and shut the lid until the cheese begins to melt, about 3 minutes.
5) When finished, pull the skewers from the heat by gripping the sides of the foil. Drizzle each skewer evenly with the balsamic reduction and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of Eros Pista. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy.
- Argentinean skewers with sherry vin...
- Marinated grilled cherry tomatoes s...
- Asparagus and tomato skewers with h...
- Grilled sweet potato wedges
- Garlic rosemary sweet potato wedges...
- Honey-grilled vegetables
- Robin Koury's barbecued mac-n-chees...
- Sherry vinegar-brown sugar glazed t...
- Grilled Insalata Di Mare
- Porterhouse steak with Fra Diavolo....
- Robin Koury's spice of life beer ca...
- Thai BBQ chicken