- 0.25 olive oil
- 1.25 lbs stewing beef
- 6 large garlic clove
- 6 beef stock
- 1 Guinness stout
- 1 red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato pur�e
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons
- 3 lbs russet potato
- 1 large onions
- 2 carrot
- 1 to taste salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
How to make Irish Stew With Guinness
- Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and sauté until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add beef stock, Guinness, red wine, tomato paste, sugar, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and ba
- While the meat and stock is simmering, melt butter in another large pot over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion and carrots. Sauté vegetables until golden, about 20 minutes. Set aside until the beef stew in step one has simmered for one hour.
- Add vegetables to beef stew. Simmer uncovered until vegetables and beef are very tender, about 40 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Tilt pan and spoon off fat. Transfer stew to serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. (Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Irish lamb stew with herbed goats c...
- Beef and stout stew
- Individual cottage pies
- Corned beef and cabbage
- Fillet of beef with potato cake and...
- Italian roast beef
- The WhiteHogg world championship st...
- Roasted Root Vegetable Lamb Stew
- Roast rack of lamb with rosemary an...
- Riesling roast turkey with fig and....
- Lamb Chops with Root Vegetables and...
- St. Patrick's linguine