Made this? How was it?
- 4 bone-in chicken thigh and leg or breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning mix
- 2 tsp griddle seasoning mix
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 thick cut pancetta or bacon,
- 1 medium red onion,
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary,
- 60ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 250ml tomato sauce or passata
- 600ml chicken stock
- 375ml milk
- 140g polenta
- 50g Parmiginao-Reggiano
- Torn fresh basil leaves to garnish
How to make Italian barbecued chicken with polenta
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas6.
2) Season the chicken liberally with salt and pepper, poultry grill seasonings. In a medium shallow saucepan heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil and add the chicken. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the juices begin to run and the skin begins to brown. Transfer the chicken to an ovenproof dish and roast for 15 minutes more or until the juices run clear.
3) Meanwhile, add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and cook the pancetta or bacon until crisp. Add the onion, garlic and rosemary and cook for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and 125ml of the chicken stock. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes more.
4) In a large pan bring the remaining stock and the milk to a boil.in the polenta and season with salt and pepper. Continue to for 2 to 3 minutes more until the polenta thickens. Stir in the and cheese and remove from heat.
5) Remove the chicken from the oven and pour the tomato sauce over the top. Turn the chicken to coat thoroughly. To serve, fill shallow bowls with polenta and top with the chicken. Spoon extra sauce over the top and garnish with some torn basil leaves.
- Aubergine Stew with Honey and Golde...
- Quick fake-out stuffed aubergine
- Parmigiano and herb chicken breast....
- Oven roasted chicken tenders saltim...
- Chicken parm meatball subs
- Provencal Chicken Burgers with Pizz...
- Reuben mac n cheese
- Hot sausage burgers with broccoli r...
- 10-minute white pizza
- Yakima Valley polenta recipe
- Sloppy lasagne
- Turkey ragu with polenta