Made this? How was it?
- 960ml oil
- 2 eggs
- 60ml milk
- 90g panko breadcrumbs
- 90g Italian breadcrumbs
- 225g mozzarella string cheese, individually wrapped
- 16 thin salami, 6cm in diameter
- 8 spring roll wrappers
How to make I've got the need, the need for fried cheese
1) Put the oil in a medium saucepan and heat to 170C. In a medium shallow bowl,the eggs and milk thoroughly. In another medium bowl mix the panko and Italian bread crumbs.
2) Dip 1 entire side of an egg roll wrapper into the egg wash. Place 2of salami in the centre of the wrapper, towards the edge closest to you. Place 1 stick of cheese on top of the salami.
3) Roll the wrapper edge closest to you over the filling. Tuck in the ends and continue to roll until it forms a spring roll shape.
4) Dredge the rolled wrapper in egg wash again and then thoroughly coat in the breadcrumb mixture. (Wrappers can be frozen for future use at this point.)
5) Add 1 to 2 rolled wrappers to the oil at a time, cooking 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Be careful not to over cook, or cook on too high a temperature as wraps may explode. Remove the fried cheese to a paper-towel lined plate and serve immediately
- DiPasquale's arancini
- Fried plantains with sweet heat
- Pasta-rella Highlander style
- Coriander wrapped prawns with spicy...
- Lamb curry empanadas
- Beer battered onion rings
- Falafel in pitta with yoghurt sauce...
- Chicken avocado spring rolls
- Guid-olives or guido-lives
- Mini Mex rolls
- Meat pies
- Streaky bacon wrapped prawns with c...