1. Attach the knife blades to a Kenwood food processor. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest and suet and process to combine.
2. With the machine running, gradually add enough milk until a dough is formed.
3. Wrap the dough in cling film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
5. Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the dough into a 25 cm x 25 cm square.
6. Spread the jam over the pastry, but remember to leave a border of 1 cm all the way around. Brush the border with milk.
7. Roll up and pinch the ends to entrap the jam, then lift onto a large piece of non-stick baking paper, seam-side down. Wrap very loosely in the paper, followed by some tin foil. Tie the ends of the sausage. Place carefully in the oven and bake for 40 to 60 minutes.
8. Rest the pudding for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the packaging, slice thickly and serve with custard.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood's Around the World in 80 Plates