Made this? How was it?
- Olive oil, for sauteeing
- Pinch saffron, optional
- 450g small clams, rinsed
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and
- 10-12 spring onions , white and greens parts separately
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 625g long-grain rice
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, minced
- 1 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 450g smoked sausage such as andouille or hot Italian, 1.5cm thick
- 450g raw small to large prawns , peeled, shells reserved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, roughly
- 4 sticks celery, roughly plus 2 sticks celery, minced
- 500ml dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (400g ) tins tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
How to make Jambalaya
Heat large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the sausage until browned on both sides. Season prawns with salt and pepper. Add seasoned prawns and continue to cook for 2 minutes or until prawns are cooked about half way, just turning pink. With a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage and prawns to a plate.
Saute prawn shells in the same pan used for sausage and shrimp for 5 minutes until toasted and red. Add the onion and celery, white wine, bay leaves, canned tomatoes, chicken broth, paprika and saffron, if using. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes and remove the prawn shells and vegetables with a slotted spoon. Bring the broth back up to a simmer and add the clams. Cook until all are open, discarding any unopened clams. Remove clams to a tray and pour the broth into a clean pot or bowl.
Heat the original pot that the broth was in and add some olive oil. Add the green pepper, spring onion whites, and garlic. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add the rice and thyme and saute for about a minute and then season with salt and pepper. Add stock (3 parts stock to rice, about 2.25L of broth - if you do not have enough broth, add chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook the jambalaya rice for 20 minutes. Stir in the hot sauce and parsley and then add the shrimp, sausage and clams. Season with pepper and cook the mixture, covered, for 5 more minutes or until the prawns are just done and the rice is tender.
Serve the jambalaya sprinkled with the reserved spring onion greens.
- Jambalaya with Prawns and Ham
- Paella Italiana
- Mama's Old Fashioned Ravioli
- Bobby flay's fra diavolo jambalaya
- Butternut squash and apple soup
- Alder-planked salmon with egg sauce...
- Double-dipped fried chicken
- His and hers surf and turf
- Sparkling Sangria
- Serrano ham and manchego cheese pla...
- Baby vegetables with tarragon nage
- Jambalaya with Shrimp and Ham