1. Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy based saucepan and gently brown the lamb in batches, set aside.
3. In the same saucepan add the butter and onions and cook the onions until they are translucent.
4. Stir in the garlic, cumin, cinnamon, paprika and ginger and stir fry until fragrant.
5. Add a little warm water if the spices look like they might stick.
6. Add the saffron, chicken stock and dried fruit and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Return the lamb to the saucepan. Stir in the preserved lemon and simmer till the Lamb is cooked through and tender adding a little more stock if needed. (About 55 -65 minutes)
8. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needs be.
9. Stir in the chopped parsley and coriander.
10. Serve with steamed Couscous.