Made this? How was it?
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 jalapenos, cut into rings
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 120ml white wine
- 3 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 325g apricot preserves
- 4 (10cm square) pieces parchment paper
- 4 cedar plank pieces, food service quality
- 4 (170g) salmon fillets, skinned and boned
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (7cm) fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 lemon, zested
How to make Johnny Garlic's cedar plank salmon
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. In a small saute pan over a medium heat, heat the oil.
2) When the oil is hot, add the jalapenos and saute until caramelized. Add the garlic and before it begins to brown, deglaze with white wine. Next add the mustard and apricot preserves and bring to a simmer. Simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes and then completely cool.
3) Place the parchment paper on the planks, add the salmon, lightly salt and pepper, place a rosemary sprig on each fillet, and liberally apply the cooled apricot mixture.
4) Place the cedar plank on a gas burner. When the plank has begun to smoke, place it into the preheated oven. Cook the salmon until medium-rare; remove from the oven and leave to sit for 2 to 3 minutes before serving. Garnish with lemon zest.
- Johnny Garlic's grilled peppered st...
- YJ's fish and banana leaves
- Only in Essex steamer clam cakes wi...
- Creamy wild rice
- Roasted pineapple-ginger chicken wi...
- Hot-smoked salmon and chipotle crem...
- Italian fish
- Quick roasted tomato soup
- Indoor-grilled salmon
- Chicken cordon bleu
- Prawn and salmon cakes
- Guy's spicy Spanish rice