1. Fry the onions, ginger and garlic until they appear translucent, approximately 8 minutes.
2. Add the garam masala, cumin powder, chili and turmeric and fry for a minute.
3. Add the tinned tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the mincemeat and simmer until cooked through, approx. 10 minutes, then add the salt, sugar and peas, simmer until the peas have cooked, approx. 1-2 mins.
5. Butter the outside of the bread before adding to toastie machine.
6. Then place two slices of butter bread, buttered side down into a toastie machine, fill with keema, place the other two slices of bread, butter side up on top and close tightly to cook, then remove and enjoy.
7. To make the Tea: Add cloves, cardamom pods, ½ a stick of cinnamon, English tea leaves and some hot water and allow to stew.
Recipe courtesy of Nisha Katona