"It doesn’t take that much effort to look for ethical food such as RSPCA Assured or Fairtrade when you’re shopping. And it makes such a difference to the lives of farm animals and to the people who grow so much of our food – giving them all a better quality of life.
You can serve these with green salad with feta cheese and black olives or spaghetti with tomato sauce."
1. Place the mince, onion and garlic in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add the bread, mint and Parmesan cheese. Season and add the eggs. Mix well together.
2. Leave to stand in fridge for 24 hours.
3. Make into meatballs approx 4cm in diameter.
4. When ready to cook the meatballs, coat in flour and fry in hot olive oil until browned and thoroughly cooked.
5. Once cooked place the meatballs on to kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
Recipe donated by Julia Bradbury